|1)Tree Stewards Class: Basics of tree planting and care.||2) The planting begins! Spring 2012
3) Neighbors and volunteers plant a tree.
McElderry Park Trees for Public Health
- Organized 5 plantings in spring and fall with 165 volunteers to plant a total of 101 street trees on 13 different blocks within Phase 1 & 2.
- Engaged a summer Green Team employing local youth to care for young trees in Phase 1.
- Established partnership with the City's TreeBaltimore program and City Forestry Board to serve as fund raiser and administrator for a city-wide program offering classes in tree biology, identification, tree planting/care, and community organizing.
- Promoting trees and restoring Baltimore's urban forest in appearances on WYPR, in Baltimore Sun, and other local media.
- Artist Peggy Fox works on a long-term photo project about the trees coming to McElderry Park.
- Videographer Leonard Brady tells McElderry Park story.
Download the full report – PDF 1 MB